Caffeine Analogs

Eleusis eleusis at netcom.com
Fri Jun 23 16:37:51 EST 1995

In article <3scjb0$q0o at cello.gina.calstate.edu>,
   jkenner at cello.gina.calstate.edu (Jason Kennerly) wrote:
>Okeee.... I haven't heard anything from anyone, so the next thing to ask
>is... any tips on SYNTHESIZING the caffeine analogs. Specifically I am
>most interested in the ETHYL analog of caffeine - ETHYL-THEOPHYLLINE? Has

Apparently, from my sundry references, there is little pharmocological
difference in activity between "caffeine" and theophylline. The
ethyl-group may very well deactivate the ring (acting as a protector
group) so this might not be a worthwhile endeavor.

|                 eleusis at netcom.com <jeff jenkins>                  |
|        /o\    Give me lava lamps or give me death...   /o\         |
|   "In constant pursuit of the perfect 'Stoli, soda and lime'..."   |