Brain-waves

Thomas F Collura PhD. tom at ccfadm.eeg.ccf.org
Fri Mar 10 13:59:38 EST 1995

Navaid Abidi (Abidin at warp.msoe.edu) wrote:
: I am not sure if this is the right place to put this inquiry.
: If it isn't, you people have my apploligies.

: Well, I am very much intriuged by some brain programming
: devices out in the market.  They claim to be useing
: "Alpha" and some other type of brain waves technology.

: Beging a skeptic I rearly buy into such things.  But recently I
: tried on one of these gagets and something did happen.  I am not sure
: what it was.

: Well, I am trying to get my hands on any research material or books on
: the subject.  I tried the library, but could not come up with anything
: with the words "brain waves", "alpha", or other greek alphabets...

: Any help would be appreciated.

You should use the words "Electroencephalography" or "EEG."  There are many
books and articles.  You might also use authors Barbara Brown, Maxwell Cade,
Michael Hutchinson, Dorelle Heisel for the biofeedback aspect.

: Thanx in advance

: Navaid Abidi