pain centers?

jnilsen jnilsen at minerva.cis.yale.edu
Thu Mar 16 11:13:36 EST 1995

x011 at Lehigh.EDU wrote:
: I think it is also important to recognize that pain can be lack of a signal
: that use to me there.  Phantom limb pain is a good example.
: Ron Blue

Phantom limb isn't really lack of signal.  It's believed to be due to
hyperactivity of dorsal horn neurons in the deafferented region of the
spinal cord.  Ablation of these dorsal horn neurons (which would be lack
of signal) often reduces the pain.

--

 LordOsis            But what is normal if we're always different?
                     Does that mean that we're the same as one and