pain centers?

"John Anderson ", CSHNL jander at UNF6.CIS.UNF.EDU
Thu Mar 16 10:42:30 EST 1995

>   I think it is also important to recognize that pain can be lack of a signal
>   that use to me there.  Phantom limb pain is a good example.
>   Ron Blue

Is phantom limb pain necessarily due to the _lack_ of a signal?
Couldn't it also be due to the _presence_ of a signal located somewhat
in from the periphery, that is interpreted as coming from the missing
limb?

John Anderson