schwanomma tumor

wmoore cmoore at julian.uwo.ca
Mon Mar 20 19:12:48 EST 1995

My 43 year old brother was recently diagnosed with a Schwanomma (Schwamonna?)
tumor which is between 2 mucscles in his abdomen.  I've only been able to find
a bit of info on this.  Does anyone have any info?

I know it is a benign tumor affecting his neurological system.

 Are there any known causes for this type of tumor?
Once he is operated on will there be any further complications?

 Any other treatments available besides surgery?

Would heavy drinking and drug abuse lead to this?

Thanks
wmoore