HELP! brain-tumor

Friedrich Hinrichs hinrichs at mikro.ee.tu-berlin.de
Tue Mar 28 16:03:11 EST 1995

I need your help!

A friend of mine has a relatively large benign brain-tumor.
The actual symptoms are loss of memory and head-aches. After a diagnosis
with computer-tomography an operation was strongly recommended.

Unfortunately the responsible surgeons were not willing to inform us
in detail about the risks.

Therefore I like to use this medium to ask you for advice:

Can you please answer the following questions? Even partial response
will be appreciated! (Please answer via EMAIL)

-  What kind of therapy is useful to remove the tumor? Is there any
   alternative to operation?

-  What is the life expectation without an operation?
       Is it nessessary to operate very quickly?

-  What are the expected results?
       Will the actual symptoms be reduced?
       What is the possibility for a successful operation?
       What is the possibility for a relapse?

-  Which risks do exist?

-  Which hospitals do such operations?

-  Does a "ranking" or statistics of success exist for hospitals
    performing such operations?

-  Which hospital/surgeon do you recommend?

Your help will be appreciated!

Friedrich

---
| Friedrich Hinrichs                 |                                       |
|   Technical University of Berlin   |  Tel.: +49 30 314 24129               |
|   Institute of Microelectronics    |  Fax : +49 30 314 24597               |
|   Jebensstrasse 1                  |                                       |
|   D-10623 Berlin                   |E-mail: hinrichs at mikro.ee.tu-berlin.de |
|   Germany                          |                                       |