Measuring mental states?

Jesse N. Schell jns at inoms.bellcore.com
Wed May 3 08:21:08 EST 1995

I am interested in finding out about topical sensors that can be used
for measuring brain activity. If anyone can point me to literature
about how these devices work, or exactly what can be measured, I would
appreciate it. If you know of companies that sell these sensors, I
would be interested in hearing about that as well.

I am also interested in devices that can measure the amount of time
spent in REM sleep.

Is there no newsgroup for the neuroscience "hobbyist?" If I'm asking
in the wrong place, please let me know.

Thanks!

 Jesse N. Schell
 Bell Communications Research