Searching for Neuropsych textbook...

Jeff Willner jwillner at ruacad.ac.runet.edu
Wed May 3 10:10:17 EST 1995

In article <courtemr.799446178 at alize.ERE.UMontreal.CA>,
courtemr at ERE.UMontreal.CA (Courtemanche Richard) wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am currently looking for a good Neuropsychology textbook. I possess
> some neuroscience textbooks (eg, Kandel et al.'s Pinciple of Neural Science,
> Dowling's Neurons & Networks, also From Neuron to Brain) but am looking
> for a book putting more emphasis on higher cortical functions. I have
> seen some of them at the library, but cannot decide which to set my
> sights on. Anybody got any preferences on this?
>
> Thank you,

Richard,

A good starting place is B. Kolb's and I. Whishaw's "Fundamaentals of
Human Neuropsychology", from W. H., Freeman and Company. The copy on my
shelf is the 3rd edition from 1990; I imagine the book has been through at
least one more revision since then.

It's large, fairly comprehensive, and quite readable. I've had a very
positive response from students when I've used the book in undergraduate
classes in the past, but it would also be suitable for beginning level
graduate classes.