Diff between Neuroscience and Psychobiology

Neal Prakash nprakash at meded.com.uci.edu
Sat May 6 03:25:54 EST 1995

i agree that the actual definiton of terms denotes the difference in
emphasis. but in reality, you will tend to find similar types of work
done by the actual faculty of the departments. and while yes, here at uci
psychobio department, there is an emphasis on memory and learning, most
faculty use molecular, ephys, tissue culture, and psychological
techniques. these are the same techniques that any "neuroscientist" uses.
so the actual research training will depend on the p.i.(s) you pick and
not the department. but you courseload may have a slightly difference focus.

-neal prakash