Baclofen long term?

PNEWS odin at gate.net
Sun May 7 13:38:51 EST 1995

[ Article crossposted from sci.med ]
[ Author was PNEWS ]
[ Posted on 7 May 1995 10:07:00 GMT ]

What are the long term effects from taking too much baclofen?
I have TN and the only way to reduce pain, when taken in combination with
Tegretol [because of short half life of baclofen] is to increase dose of
baclofen. I've doubled my dose from 70mg to 140mg. 1400mg of Tegretol
does not work by itself, but increase in baclofen includes uncomfortable
side effects, i.e., blurry vision, high mania, some degree of impotence.
Blood results are not currently of concern. No appreciable liver
malfunction, etc. that can be determined now, but I'm concerned with long
term affects. Can anyone suggest what they might be? BUT, 140mg of
baclofen does eliminate pain from TN.. Nothing else works.

-Hank-