!!! Need help on schizophrenia please !!!

Jeremy Winterson J.Winterson at rhbnc.ac.uk
Fri May 12 12:03:35 EST 1995

Hi

My sister has been diagnosed as a schizophrenic and manic depressive.
She hasn't always been this way... at least not the schizophrenia... and
it just seemed to happen over a period of a few terrible weeks or so.
In the end she was diagnosed with both schizophrenia and manic depression
and is recieving medication. Problem is that apparantly she will be on
medication for the rest of her life. Is this really the case? Is there
nothing she can take as some sort of therapudic drug? Will she be in a
danger of remission? I realise it is inthe interests of medical companies to
develop drugs that the patient will rely on for the rest of his or her life
and therefore was wondering if there was some sort of other drug that she
could be taking.
Could you please e-mail me if you have any info.
Thanks in advance,
                  Jeremy