PMSF solution ?

Michalchik michalcm at physlog-po.physlog.uiowa.edu
Sat May 13 15:49:11 EST 1995

testing

-------------- next part --------------
From: Nick Gibson <njgibson at neurobio.arizona.edu>
Newsgroups: bionet.neuroscience
Subject: Re: PMSF solution ?
Date: 12 May 1995 00:37:10 GMT

hasse at papin.HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE (Ch. Hasse) wrote:
>Hi everybody!
>
>PMSF (Phenylmethylsulfonylfluoride) can be used for whole blood
collection
>to prevent coagulation. Does anybody know how PMSF can be solved in
HEPES
>without using alcohols or DMSO?
>
>Thank You very much
>

>chris

I have been using somethng called AEBSF from Calbiochem in place of PMSF.
 The catalog number is 101500.  It is water soluble and is stable in
aqueous solutions for months.  I don't know if it is suitable for your
purposes.  Calbiochem gives several references: Thromb. Res. (1973)
2:343; and J. Med. Chem. 14:119.  Hope this helps.
Nick