ALD/Lorenzo's Oil

Bob Leonard bob.leonard at canrem.com
Sat May 13 17:24:00 EST 1995

 -=> Quoting Mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz to All <=-

 > Erica Carrano

 Mk> Incidentally, and unfortunately, Lorenzo's oil does not appear to
 Mk> work well, if at all.  At most it seems to slightly slow the
 Mk> appearance  of some symptoms, but doesn't seem to affect the
 Mk> neurological  deterioration.
 Mk> --
 Mk> Cheers,

 Mk> Martin

 Mk> NNNN   NN  Martin A Kennedy (E-mail = mkennedy at chmeds.ac.nz)  ZZZZZZZ
 Mk> NN NN  NN       Cytogenetic and Molecular Oncology Unit          ZZZ
 Mk> NN  NN NN           Christchurch School of Medicine            ZZZ
 Mk> NN   NNNN              Christchurch, New Zealand              ZZZZZZZ
 Mk> Phone (64-3)364-0880   Fax (64-3)364-0750

 (this is Jason Leonard, Bob's son) In response to your last comment
 In my biology class, we watched the movie lorenzo's oil.  Our teacher didn't
 know too much and was unsure about some of the points in the movie, but I
 was under the impression that if you used the two oils it would stop the
 body from creating the fatty acids it needs, then you  leave them on a no
 long chain saturated fat diet and it would stop the progression of the
 disease.  I understand any brain damage is irreversible but I thought the
 disease itself could be stopped.

 If its not too much trouble could you also please explain the way the two
 oils work, why they stop biosynthesis.  That was one of the points the
 movie was unclear about.

 thanks a lot

Jason Leonard

... "What?!? This isn't the Files section?!?"
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12