POSITION IN COMPUTATIONAL BRAIN BIOMECHANICS

Samuel Neff neff at onyx.UMDNJ.EDU
Mon May 15 16:54:37 EST 1995

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION IN MODELING OF BRAIN BIOMECHANICS

Division of Neurosurgery, Cooper Hospital.

We are seeking a postdoctoral research associate to work on
numerical modeling of the biomechanics of brain diseases.  Our
research interests are in the study of hydrocephalus, cerebral
hemorrhage and acceleration-induced head injury.  Our current work
on developing a numerical model for hydrocephalus is based on a
poroelastic approximation of brain tissue.

Applicants must have a doctoral degree in Physics, Mathematics or
Engineering with a computational background and a strong interest
in biological problems.  The position will be funded for one year
with extension possible.  The candidate will be expected to seek
extramural funding for continuing year(s). Salary is $27,000
annually, with excellent benefits.

The Division of Neurosurgery at Cooper Hospital is comprised of
four neurosurgeons, a research physicist and two research nurses.
Computing facilities include SGI, DEC, and HP workstations, and
resource allocations at the Pittsburgh Supercomputer Center. Cooper
Hospital is the teaching affiliate of the Robert Wood Johnson
Medical School at Camden, New Jersey.

Please send a letter and a CV, preferably by e-mail, before June
20, to:
Dr. Samuel Neff  (neff at umdnj.edu)

Division of Neurosurgery
Suite 411, Three Cooper Plaza