Interpolation for EEG

Lester Ingber ingber at alumni.caltech.edu
Wed May 17 06:41:16 EST 1995

In article <3pbl6t$9fn at agate.berkeley.edu>,
Dan Fletcher <danflet at garnet.berkeley.edu> wrote:
:I'm starting to write some programs to do topographic mapping
:and estimation of Laplacians for EEG data and EP data.  I'm
:familiar with Perrin's spherical spline method and the
:k-nearest neighbors method.  I was wondering if anyone out
:there has implemented other methods (like the local spectral
:functions decsribed by Le and Gevins).  I'm not an interpolation
:expert and would like to know if anyone could point me to
:some references that might be appropriate for someone looking
:for the "perfect" interpolation scheme for EEG data.
:
:Thanks for any help!
:Dan Fletcher
:SF VA Medical Center
:Psychiatry Research

You might be aware of these references, but if not, they could be helpful:

%A P.L. Nunez
%A K.L. Pilgreen
%T The spline-Laplacian in clinical neurophysiology:
   A method to improve EEG spatial resolution
%J J. Clin. Neurophysiol.
%V 8
%P 397-413
%D 1991

%A P.L. Nunez
%T Neocortical Dynamics and Human EEG Rhythms
%I Oxford University Press
%C New York, NY
%D 1995

The recent 1995 book has chapters on the Laplacian methods as well as
a chapter by Gevins and Cutillo.

Lester
--
/*             RESEARCH                 E-Mail: ingber at alumni.caltech.edu *