Brain damage

BOB SHOLL bob.sholl at almac.co.uk
Thu May 18 02:55:00 EST 1995

Hello,

Can anyone help, please? My neice suffered brain damage and is,
unfortunately, making a poor recovery and her family have questions
that they cannot get straight-forward answers to from her doctors. I
am including as much information about Viki's condition as I can,
hoping that it may help.

Viki Clemo (aged 17).

Original problem: Epiglotitis/Tracheolaryngitis. Occurred late Dec
1993.

Original diagnosis: Post Epiglotitis Asphyxial Encephalopathy.

Later dignosis: Post Hypoxic Encephalopathy
                Cerebral Blindness (?)
                Decerabrate Spasticity
                Bulbar Palsey.

Present awareness: Level of sight is questionable. Wheelchair bound.
                   No speech. There is spasm also there is own movement.
                   Hearing very good. Comprehension and understanding
                   excellent.

Present treatment: Minimal physiotherapy. Drugs- Diazepan, Triclopos,
                   Tegretal.

Questions: What level of physiotherapy is desirable to achive full
           potential?
           What other medication is available (Gotu Kola/Ginko
           Biloba?)?
           What information is available on The Repair and
           Regeneration of The Nervous System?
           Who may be considered the best authority to address Viki's
           condition?

Any help or suggestions would be most gratefully received by Viki's
family, thank you, in advance.

Best regards,

Bob.

bob.sholl at almac.co.uk   Eastbourne