long-term memory

Stephen Maren maren at nicco.sscnet.ucla.edu
Sun May 21 08:29:41 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.89.9505191207.B17310-0100000 at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it>,
vetbioc at IPRUNIV.CCE.UNIPR.IT wrote:

> Is there anyone who may indicate a recent review on the molecular
> mechanism of long-term memory?
> My address is vetbioc at ipruniv.cce.unipr.it
>
> Enrico Bignetti
> Ist. Veterinary Biochemistry
> Parma Italy

Have a look at Maren, S. & Baudry, M. (1995). Properties and mechanisms of
long-term synaptic plasticity in the mammlian brain:  Relationships to
learning and memory. Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 63, 1-18.

We review literature concering long-term potentiation and long-term
depression and their relationship to learning and memory.  We give a
cursory overview of
the molecular mechanisms of these processes.