Neuromagnetometer (sp?) and Picture Naming

Jim Clark clark at uwpg02.uwinnipeg.ca
Mon May 22 14:25:48 EST 1995

Hi

     I caught part of a 1993 science documentary that described some research
in Finland (I believe) that was using a brain imagining device based on
low-temperature super-conducting principles.  The device had Neuromag printed
on the front and I believe they referred to it as a Neuromagnetometer (sp?).
They were imaging as a person named pictures and described successive stages of
processing, which were apparently at a higher temporal resolution than possible
with MRI (at the time, anyway, and perhaps still today?).  A search for this
term in Uncover did not reveal anything that seemed to match the documentary
study.  Can anyone provide a person's name or ideally even a reference to the
work?  My impression was that the device was a by-product of physics work to
achieve a minimal possible temperature (a few billionths of a degree above
absolute zero?).

Best Wishes
Jim

James M. Clark                  CLARK at UWPG02.BITNET  (note ZERO-TWO)
Department of Psychology        CLARK at UWPG02.UWINNIPEG.CA
University of Winnipeg          (204) 786-9313
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada      (204) 786-1824 FAX
R3B 2E9