teaching neuro to kids

Min-Sun Kim smk8523 at ocvaxa.cc.oberlin.edu
Mon May 22 21:23:03 EST 1995

In article <3peklh$m4o at netnews.upenn.edu>, zilberst at mail1.sas.upenn.edu (Jeff Zilberstein) writes:
>I am teaching 7-9 graders a science seminar this summer, and neuroscience
>was my
>major; does anyone have any ideas as to how to introduce the topic to
>youngsters, or any texts out there, or any experiments that would spark
>an interest?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>jeff
>--

>The possibly controversial and/or un-PC views expressed above are EXACTLY
>those of the University of Pennsylvania, of all its constituents, of my
>family and friends, and of Chicagoans in general.
>
>Jeff Zilberstein, University of Pennsylvania, class of '95
>
>....holding my breath for graduation, and holding it further for life
>after graduation.

Actually, there is a book that we used for a neuroanatomy class of mine, an
undergrad school, that I think would be great for kids. It's a coloring book
of the human brain and extremely useful as a source, though it probably needs
a backup text or lecture type supplementary, cause there's not a lot of
explanation in the book. It's called _The human brain coloring book_ by
Diamond, Scheibel and Elson.