Neuromagnetometer (sp?) and Picture Naming

Dag Stenberg stenberg at cc.Helsinki.FI
Tue May 23 05:48:20 EST 1995

Jim Clark (clark at wrote:
} Hi

}      I caught part of a 1993 science documentary that described some research
} in Finland (I believe) that was using a brain imagining device based on
} low-temperature super-conducting principles.  The device had Neuromag printed
} on the front and I believe they referred to it as a Neuromagnetometer (sp?).

Try contacting professor Riitta Hari
	hari at

This device is in clinical use at the University Hospital in Helsinki
and maybe other places. Professor Hari, MD,PhD, has been in the
development team from the start.
Dag Stenberg     MD PhD                    stenberg at
Institute of Biomedicine		   tel: int.+358-0-1918532
Department of Physiology                   fax: int.+358-0-1918681
P.O.Box 9       (Siltavuorenpenger 20 J)   tlx: 1002125 finuh sf
FIN-00014 University of Helsinki,Finland