Mentally Induced Paralysis

x011 at Lehigh.EDU x011 at Lehigh.EDU
Wed May 31 11:34:44 EST 1995

In article <3qgv6p$gls at nic-nac.CSU.net>, wwong8 at neptune.calstatela.edu (For Love
 Of Goddess) writes:
>Hello,
>  Sorry if this post seems inappropriate( if it is, please inform me as to
>  the best place to post. Thanks).
>  Here's the question/problem:
>  Mentally induced Physical paralysis.  Can physical paralysis be mentally
>  induced and sustained out of control?  I've had some experiences with it
>  but have not found a logical reason and hoped that there would be an
>  answer on the net.  Thanks.
>       =====================================
>               Blue Flame - Wing Wong
>                For Love of Goddess
>               wwong8 at calstatela.edu

Well yes.  Animals that are frighten freeze all the time.  People
can be paralyized by over whelming emotions.  It is sort like
approaching the dentist to have your tooth pulled.  Your fear trys to
stop you, but the pain forces you to get closer to the dentist.  If
the mental forces are BALANCED you are frozen so many feet away from
the dentist.

There could also be medical reasons for your observation.  The information
supplied was inadequate to guide you to a source of help.
Ron Blue