visual illusion/pain?

Jan Vorbrueggen jan at
Thu Nov 2 07:34:03 EST 1995

In article <Pine.3.89.9511010831.C11033-0100000 at>
rcb1 at LEX.LCCC.EDU (Ron Blue) writes:

   Does anyone know how I can get a copy of a visual illusion that causes
   pain?  My understanding is that it looks like a circle with vertical lines

   "Paradoxical integration is illustrated with the Thunberg thermal grill
   illusion. [...]

The illusion you're talking about is _not_ visual, but thermoreceptive. I
can't imagine anything visual causing pain except an (unstructured) overdose
of photons, which is detrimental to your health anyway.