Restless legs As Per David Shaler

rahansen at interlog.com rahansen at interlog.com
Wed Nov 8 15:43:52 EST 1995

It'would be of interest to know your age David, and your general physical
fitness level....
This restlesness in the lower extremities is known to me personally from
my childhood. As you noted, the continuous motion taking place
involintarily (In my case: while laying face down in bed, my feet in a
pushup like position, and my heels sweeping in opposition to each other
for hours on end for a number of years.

My doctors suggested that my musculer development was slow in my pre-teen
days, and told me to cycle, walk hilly paths and run to improve the
muscularity in my legs. After a year of intentional physical activity,
mostly cycling and hiking in the Canadian Sheild, I found the problem was
pretty much eliminated.

P.S. If you do find others suggesting the same coarse of action and you
decide to try it, remember to start slowly and do a little more each
opertunity you take. Don't do too much when you begin and make it as much
fun and enjoyable as you can, It can take a while.

Hoping this will be helpfull....R.A.H./L.J.M.