WARNING! Aspartame (Nutrasweet) in Kid's Vitamins.

Mark Gold mgold at max.tiac.net
Wed Nov 8 00:35:11 EST 1995

>From jstream at girch1.med.uth.tmc.eduWed Nov  8 00:19:17 1995
>Date: Tue, 7 NOV 1995 19:58:28 GMT
>From: Rifle River <jstream at girch1.med.uth.tmc.edu>
>Newsgroups: alt.support.epilepsy, misc.health.diabetes, bionet.neuroscience
>Subject: Re: WARNING! Aspartame (Nutrasweet) in Kid's Vitamins.
>
>If this really is such a problem why don't you guys write a letter to JAMA
>or to the NEJM expressing your concerns over the mounting evidence?
>Of course, if you're concerned about having people who are actually capable
>of analyzing the quality of this mounting evidence, then you probably
>shouldn't...

Rifle,

The editors of some of scientific journals are online in various
groups.  I'm sure many of them have seen some posts as well as pointers
to further information.  I'm not too concerned with having editors look
over the evidence.  I have been seeking *independent* and *reputable*
neuroscientists to help with some research as well as analysis of data.
I have already posted that request to several groups.  A number of
*independent* neuroscientists have already looked at the aspartame
situation and took time to testify before the U.S. Congress because
of their concern.

The quality of the research funded by the industry is horrendous as
anyone can see by reading my review and following up on the references.
The quality of the mounting evidence against aspartame is fairly strong
in my opinion.  However, as I receive more and more case histories from
people who have suffered serious health problems from long-term use, I
do not want to wait for those editors or independent scientists to get
off their duffs and give an honest look at the situation.

I don't mean to be negative about your idea.  I may consider writing
a journal or two, but definately not JAMA.  Thanks for the idea.

Best regards,
                             - Mark
                          mgold at tiac.net
             http://www.tiac.net/users/mgold/health.html
    (Web articles on Food & Nutrition, Yoga, aspartame/NutraPoison,
     sweetener resources, stevia, toxic carpeting, rBGH, fluoride
     detoxification, mental health resources.  Much more to come.
         Lots of links to medical and holistic healing sites.
          Will email articles if you do not have WWW access.