Restless legs

Jason Kennerly jkenner at cello.gina.calstate.edu
Wed Nov 8 17:43:57 EST 1995

melrose at Express.CA (David Shaler) writes:
> I was wondering if there is anything that can be done for restless legs.
> My legs absolutely drive me nuts and they keep me up most of the night.  Is
> there anything I can do to stop my legs??  Does anyone know what causes this??

Tried benedryl? The stuff should be a nice double-whammy for the
condition: an anticholinergic and an antihistaminic effect: one reduces
motion somewhat, the other causes slight sedation.
(generic diphenhydramine)

diphenhydramine is actually of minimal use in treating parkinsonism, and
for treatment of side effects of neuroleptic medication's side effects,
although typically stronger agents are used (dopamine agonists for
parkinsons, anticholinergics like benztropine for the side effects of
neuroleptics)

--
    /    \ |      \|   /\   |     \   jkenner at cello.gina.calstate.edu
  /___/\   \___|>   >       |__|>   > BORN TO BE WIRED...
 /         |       /   /\  |       /  All the sugar and twice the
 \_________|______/|___\/__|______/   caffeine of regular netusers!
 finger me and make a pgp key come.