BABY WITH NEURO PROBLEMS NEEDS HELP

Peter Engelman peter at access.digex.net
Wed Nov 8 20:38:52 EST 1995

This little 2 year old girl was born with a malignant tumor on
her spine.  It was surgically removed and she had chemo therapy
afterwards and now she is ok with regard to the tumor.

The problem is that the surgery left her with nerve damage to her
lower extremities.  As a result she cannot urinate without being
catherized and she has abnormal bowl function.  She is also in
leg braces because she can't walk from the nerve damage.

The physicians have said that the scar tissue has damaged the
nerve roots in her spine that control the lower extremities and
they don't offer much hope or treatment.

If anyone has any suggestions as to physicians, treatment etc.,
I would like to hear from you so that I can pass the information
on to the parents of this adorable little child.  Now they say
she has scoliosis of 39 degrees and they want to put her into
some kind of brace.

If you can help with any info, please send personal e-mail to me.
Thanks,
Peter at access.digex.net