the origin of rhythms in EEG??

Kevin Spencer kspencer at s.psych.uiuc.edu
Thu Nov 9 12:55:14 EST 1995

u8221806 at cc.nctu.edu.tw (Ted Wang) writes:

>I am interested in the origin of the rhythms, especially the alpha oscillation
>in the electroencepholography(EEG). Can you suggest for me some review
>articles for it??
>thanx!!
>ted wang

I don't know of any review articles, but I know of some books which
discuss this topic.  Paul Nunez has 2 books, and John Barlow has one,
which discuss many aspects of the EEG.

But basically, the alpha oscillation seems to be intrinsic to the
cortex.

Kevin
Kevin Spencer
Cognitive Psychophysiology Laboratory and Beckman Institute
kspencer at p300.cpl.uiuc.edu / kspencer at psych.uiuc.edu