desperate in Socorro

mack mstephen at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Nov 10 21:54:43 EST 1995

Hello all

I am looking for any information regarding diagnosis and treatment
of Chiari malformation.  I have lived with this diagnosis for
many years and I am no better now than when I was first diagnosed.
I have severe headaches, and am currently taking Tylenol and Advil
in volumes that have sometimes been dangerous to my health.
If anybody has this condition, please tell me anything I can do
to better cope with this, or tell me where I could find any useful
relative information.  Sometimes I black out from the severity of
the pain when I stand, change positions quickly, cough, or laugh.
Somebody out there surely must have better information than my
own doctors have given me.  Thanks so much for any information you
could provide.  I really am desperate.

Barbara, using my husband's email account, replies certainly welcome