inquiry about in vivo microdialysis

Thomas Green tag3515 at acs.tamu.edu
Sun Nov 12 20:09:20 EST 1995

In reference to the inquiry about in vivo microdialysis:

A great reference was written in 1991.
T.E. Robinson and J.B. justice, jr. (eds.)  "Microdialysis in the
Neurosciences"  1991,  Elsevier Science Publishers  B.V.

This will tell you everything you (n)ever wanted to know about
micro-dialysis.

A side note:

Microdialysis is expensive, frustrating, and time consuming.  If I had
any brains, I'd throw the HPLC and all the micro-dialysis equip out the
window.  This said, microdialysis is still a good tool for quantification
of extracellular dopamine and 5-ht (and metabolites).  This technique is
suitable for many behavioral applications.

Hope I helped,

Tom