surgery for myopia?

JOHN RANDALL john.randall at almac.co.uk
Wed Nov 15 08:10:00 EST 1995

 #TO     :liut%snybksac.bitnet at ubvm.cc.buffalo.edu                    N
If it is any help to you, I have had two Radial Kerototomy (check
spelling) operations and my experience was:
The first op was carried out in 1990 when both eyes were approx
-8.  My vision improved immediately to "normal" sight but after about
a month it stablised at about -2 in one eye and -3 in the other.
In 1993 I had another go and again the immediate improvement was
to "normal" sight but again after a month it slipped back to about
-1 and -2.
Would I recommend it?  My eyesight is far improved and I don't have
to reach for my spec's before getting out of bed.  However, I still
wear glasses most of the time but at least I know that I'm not
helpless without them.
The op is painful but bearable.  I had both op's done in Northern
Ireland and the last was done as a day patient!
Check out laser treatment - that has become very popular but I
don't know anything about long term effects.
Best of luck.
John Randall

John

 * 1st 2.00 * A pessimist is never disappointed.