Lupus

Tamera Blood tamera at ecst.csuchico.edu
Thu Nov 16 04:25:23 EST 1995

Hello, I have been following this newsgroup as a future neuroscience
student.  However now I have a question relating to a very close friend
who has Lupus.  She recently had what she describes as a seizure.  While
remaining completely aware, she was unable to move any limbs.  She
reports feeling frozen.  Others present report it lasted 2-3 minutes
before she moved.  She just froze in the middle of an activity.
Afterwards she was very tired, and slept through the next day.  Normally
sleep is hard to come by due to the extreme pain of the lupus.  I work
with head trauma victims, and this sounds to me like a seizure.  Her
doctor won't see her for 3 more weeks, even when this was reported.  (The
joys of HMO's)

What types of neurlogical problems are associated with Lupus, and how
could this event be related?  I was concerened about the possibility of
stroke, but the sleeping afterwards seems more like a seizure to me.

Thank-you for any help.

Tamera