brain receptors

BIE034 at news.salford.ac.uk BIE034 at news.salford.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 11:28:36 EST 1995

I am interested in the seemingly taboo subject on the the interaction
of psychedelic drugs with brain receptors. Much of the current research
seems to be to prove a link between such drugs and brain damage,
whereas few groups seem to study how the drugs mediate their bizarre
effects. I remember seeing a TV programme (lay-mans stuff) that the
drug MDMA interacts with at least 5 brain receptors (probably 5
different 5-HT receptors). This would allow the wide spectrum of
effects between the different psychedelics. Unfortunately I cannot seem
to locate the any papers which suggest this. I would be grateful if
anyone could direct me to the relevant papers and inform me whether
there are structures for any of the proposed receptors. I appologise
for posting such a controversial topic onto the newsgroup but I would
be grateful for any assistance.

			Thanks
			Simon.