oocytes not expressing

Seth BH sethbh at aol.com
Sat Nov 18 00:14:19 EST 1995

I work with auditory development in bullfrogs -- basically what is
reasonably well known is that most Ranids and Xenopus shut down from about
October - April.  It is virtually impossible to get decent neural
Brown University indicated that she had consistently observed a shut down
of expression during this period.  Since we maintain our subjects on a 12
hour light/dark cycle with consistent food and temperature year round yet
still see this effect, there must be something extremely stable working as
a seasonal zeitgeiber independent of environmental cues even at the
molecular level.

I'm about to try something which has been used to overcome the
physiological shutdown in bats during winter, i.e., artificial
hibernation.  If anything comes of it, I'll post.

Seth Boatright-Horowitz
Department of Neuroscienec
Brown University
Seth Boatright-Horowitz
Dept. of Neuroscience
Brown University

"But in the mud and scum of things, there always, always somthing sings."
Emerson