Splintering the list

Administrador del Nodo Postmaster at neubio.sld.ar
Sat Nov 18 10:52:40 EST 1995

Hello, netter colleagues!!

                          Yesterday and today I saw two
proposals to set some kind of specialized sublists in
our forum: one to discuss clinical neuroscience separately
from physiological neurothings, and other to analize sepa-
rately melatonin-related issues (in our lab we also run a
clinical trial on MLT-neuroimmunomodulation of IL-2 effect
on exocrine pancreatic adenocarcinomae metastases).

                          Those proposals concerns me.

                          Of course I also read more rapid-
ly the postings that are not of my immediate interest, but
I am most acutely aware of the crucial role for neuroscien-
ces of the crossed fecondation among clinical and physiolo-
gical work.  I find extremely important for "my own" creati-
vity the "excuses to think" provided by you, my colleagues.
Nobody can foresee how her postings are to be read by the o-
thers: what other neuroscientist, with different background
and working interest, will gather from our remarks.  This is
a feature I find most valuable among those adorning our List.
So let me say that, if it becomes partitioned upon any due de-
cision, I shall of course accept it but shall also be most so-
rry by such narrowing and concerned about how many netters
would in such a case become stranged from said fecond bothering.

                            Melatonin is a good case in point.
It certainly cannot be discussed without an eye put on enterochro-
maffin tissue, other on oncology, other on receptor chemistry and
genetics, other on non-receptor-mediated effects, other on phylo-
and ontogeny of the nervous system, other on electroweak fields...
and the only way to achieve so many active eyes is a robust forum!

                            On these grounds, please let me res-
pectfully disagree with the undoubtely well intended but in my
view exceedingly expeditive proposals of any further specialization
of our list.

                   Cyberkisses for everybody!
                           Mariela

       =*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=
       Prof. Mariela Szirko,
       <postmaster at neubio.sld.ar>

       Centro de Investig. Neurobiologicas, Ministry
       of Health & Welfare, Argentine Republic; and Lab. of
       Electroneurobiological Res., Hospital "Dr. Jose Tiburcio Borda",
       Municipality of Buenos Aires,
       Office:  Phone/Fax (54 1) 306 -7314
                e-mail <postmaster at neubio.gov.ar>
       Standard disclaimer: Las opiniones de este mensaje son personales
      y no comprometen las dependencias a cargo de la firmante.