optical stimulation of the brainwaves - help

Sandra L Wegert sandraw at U.Arizona.EDU
Sun Nov 19 14:49:06 EST 1995

> I want to build a pair of flashing glasses (2 lamps-one for each eye
> flashing at frequency 1-30 Hz) which are used for optical stimulation of
> the brainwaves.
> Now, I've been using pc-software for this (such as FLASHER), but glasses
> would be more practical.
> Has anyone got any expierence in this? Are 2 light diodes strong enough as
> a light source?

They already have these!  They're used for evoked-potential tests in
dogs, but we used them on students in a lab class once and measured our
own visual evoked potentials.  They consist of goggles containing a grid
of rather large LED's.  I think the grid was 5x5 diodes.  It was quite
bright, even with the eyelids closed.  I would guess that 2 diodes would
not be sufficient.  Look for them in a vet-supply catalog, or as a last
resort, contact George Strain at LSU-Baton Rouge.   Sandra