CAPTOPRIL:Induction of Emotionnal Indifference by Captopril

Keneth Grandchamp grandcha at cmu.unige.ch
Fri Nov 10 10:02:04 EST 1995

Captopril:Induction of Emotionnal Indifference by Captopril
----
Captopril is an angiotensin converting enzyme(ACE)inhibitor which has been
reported to have "anti-depressant" effects.In fact,the alleged anti-depressant
effect of captopril and related molecules is a pseudo-anti-depressant effect
because captopril is,in fact,a potent thymoanesthesiser! A thymoanesthesiser
is a molecule which induces pharmacological blunting of
emotions.Thymoanesthesisers induce emotionnal indifference reminiscent of the
blunting of affect which is seen in the negative forms of schizophr
enia.
There are many thymoanesthesisers wrongly classified as "anti-depressants"!
For instance:
I.The serotonin re-uptake blockers such as
fluvoxamine,paroxetine,citalopram,etc.
2.Maprotiline.
As psychopharmacologists have only experimented their products on animals and
others(!)they have misinterpreted thymoanesthesy as an "anti-depressant"
effect because the patients who are emotionnally anesthesised do not complain
anymore of being depressed!!! So these people wrongly misinterpret emotionnal
indifference as an "anti-depressant" effect.This error is similar to the case
of a person who would suffer from painful hemorhoids and who would stop
complaining when his doctor would put Xylocaine(an a
nesthesic)on his hemorhoids! A naive doctor may then proclaim that his patient
is "cured" with Xylocaine as he or she does not complain anymore...The
situation that we have now with thymoanesthesisers is exactly similar but
instead of anesthesing physical pain you anesthesise psychological
pain.Anesthesing psychological pain is,clearly, NOT an anti-depressant effect
as a true anti-depressant effect should stimulate rewarding emotions and the
desire to live,despite adverse conditions.A true anti-depressan
t should not substract a part of your personality,as thymoanesthesisers do.
When experimenting with captoptil I noticed that this molecule would induce a
quite strong indifference to everything,sex included! Captopril can make you
impotent because it suppresses the DESIRE to engage in copulation.I would be
interested to know what is the real percentage of people taking ACE inhibitors
who suffer,afterwards,of impotence?
This impotence can be reversed by yohimbine.
What is interesting with captopril is that it can induce depression if you
stop the medication rather abruptly.This is a very interesting observation as
normal thymoanesthesisers do not induce depression when they
are,abruptly,stopped.
The emotional indifference induced by captopril opens a new avenue of research
in the field of negative schizophrenia.

Claude Rifat(Claude de Cyrano!)using Ken Grandchamp account