Aluminum Cookware Hazards??

Brainwave Surfer agnew at gems.vcu.edu
Tue Nov 21 07:37:48 EST 1995

In article <nancyw.204.01096338 at sam.neosoft.com>, nancyw at sam.neosoft.com (nancy ) writes:
> Hi all.
>
> We are looking for any info available on the possible link between too much
> aluminum in the human system and the occurance of Alzheimer's disease.

snip...

> ***Little girls in purple wheelchairs RULE*** (new chair)

Can't help you there, little wheelchair ruler, but my brother used to be
a professional chef before his stroke, and he never cooked in aluminum for
high quality, it does turn the food's taste, he said.  i never could tell
the diff, but he could.  I used to use a aluminum pot, but cooked holes in
it, so the aluminum does go *somewhere*.  Whether it does stay in the
body versus "passin' thru" I'd very much like to know too.

Jim

         /^^^\   \ /   Jim Agnew         | AGNEW at RUBY.VCU.EDU  (Internet)
        /      >  ||   Neurosurgery,     | AGNEW at VCUVAX        (Bitnet)
   /\_/     '   \  /   MCV-VCU           | This disc will self destruct in
 /________________>    Richmond, VA, USA | five seconds.  Good luck, Jim..."