aspartame again

Betty Martini betty at noel.pd.org
Thu Nov 23 14:08:41 EST 1995

Hello Richard:  Missed me, uh!  I must admit I haven't really had time to
post lately.  I'm swamped with hundreds of messages of people asking for
info or help because of aspartame.  Plus I've just inherited the records
of ASPARTAME VICTIMS AND THEIR FRIENDS.  It was founded by Joyce Wilson
who went blind and died from NutraSweet.  I interviewed her husband,
Richard, to do a story in her memory.  When her youngest son married in
Sept. 1994 a long stem rose was laid on her empty chair.  When we exposed
the American Diabetic Assn., for endorsing this poison with full
knowledge that it is deadly for diabetics our press packs were garnished
with a single long stem rose.  We gave out medical documentation to 1000
diabetics in their walk-a-thon, sponsored by NutraSweet, of course.

Interestingly, this year there were less than 300!  We did it again.  Now
Richard awaits the birth of their first grandchild who Joyce will never know.
He went back to Daytona where they met and scattered her ashes into the sea.

Her case was medically documented - death by NutraSweet.  With all my
medical background, I'm still a woman.  Tears were in my eyes as Richard
told me about the thousands she ws able to get off aspartame, and how
they resumed normal healthy, useful lives - like us - the ones she got in
time.  But he said when she found out that with all the evidence neither
the FDA or Government (and she went to Congress) would do nothing, she
realized the only way to stop the insanity was to get people to spread
the word.  Richard said it was her MISSION in life to warn the world, and
said if people would only warn one person a day it would get around the
world. He said sadly while people were happy to get well they just didn't
warn others.

We at MISSION POSSIBLE went through all the channels too and realized the
same thing that Joyce did.  But Joyce was dying and couldn't do what we have.
We wrote a warning flyer that has some of the 92 documented symptoms and
diseases it triggers, publications, organizations and explanations.  On
the back it says;  SPREAD THE WARNING? Copy this for your friends,
school, workplace, lawmakers, merchants and physicians.

And guess what, we've gotten it around the world.  We started out with a
network of hundreds of thousands.  We figure today its millions.

Richard said Joyce was so sad she couldn't get people to warn others.
She wrote Senator Howard Metzenbaum who wrote the bill to put a warning
on NutraSweet (bill was killed, of course, by the power of the drug co)
and said:  "I feel aspartame is the most dangerous substance introduced
for human consumption. Please stop this product now before the toll on
the health of Americans is diastrous.  It is too late for me, but I hope
we can help others."

The end of my article says: PLEASE PASS THE TORCH OF KNOWLEDGE AROUND THE
WORLD SO ONE DAY WE WILL BRANDISH IT ALOFT WITH THE CRY " MISSION
ACCOMPLISHED".  Then at the bottom of page it says: "Rest in peace, Joyce
Wilson, we will stop this genocidal crime against humanity."

So I've been busying lecturing, trying to answer hundreds of messages,
record case histories, answer a phone that rings all day, and going
through Joyce's records.  She had lots of evidence - many scientific
reports about the hazards I've never seen - and the trade information you
read.  I have the tapes of the Congressional Records and Sen. Orrin Hatch
attempting to stop the bill that would warn the world - he did!

No, I'm not going to tell you to have a Diet Coke - I've decided I might
be party to a crime.  I don't want to see anybody live the nightmares we
see people living - going from doctor to doctor - never realizing its the
NutraSweet they are using.  Have you ever seen a toddler drining a diet
pop having a grand mal seizure?  You don't want to!  Yes, the bill would
have provided a warning for pregnant women, infants and children too.
The National Child Develop. Assn. said learning disabilities are at 50%.
They must have took my packet of info seriously.  They made copies and
sent it to 10,000 offices.  We try so hard to save these babies.

Regards
Betty

Betty Martini
Domain:  betty at pd.org