hippocampal slice culture

Richard Vickery ucgbrmv at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 14:50:58 EST 1995

Clemens.Sabelhaus at ifn-magdeburg.de says...

>I would like to culture hippocampal slices from adult rats.
>To my knowledge, nobody succeeded in doing this so far.

They are usually called organotypic cultures and seem to preserve
hippocampal structure though the slice slowly forms a monolayer.  Look for
papers by B. H. Gahwiler (umlaut on a) - eg a 1993 PNAS one.  Good luck - I
think it is not that easy!

--
Richard Vickery                    \ /     Our Quest is for meaning,
Physiology, UCL (London)          (oVo)    but the Meaning IS the quest.