Saporin !?

User Name spclone at iop.bpmf.ac.uk
Tue Nov 28 08:39:51 EST 1995

This is a help request. I am a PhD student at the Institute of Psychiatry working on
an animal model for Alzheimers Disease. I am using a new immunotoxin called Saporin
to try and selectively remove cholinergic neurons from the basal forebrain. My
problem is 'dose'. I have now carried out 3 pilot studies in an attempt to find the
correct dose of toxin to use. The company which make this compound (Chemicon
International) keep changing its concentration and 'activity'.
Is there anybody out there who is using this immunotoxin, who can help?
I would be grateful if someone could tell me that I am not flogging a dead horse!

Many thanks

TracyAnn