spinal cord injury

Crista L. Adamson cadamson at rci.rutgers.edu
Tue Nov 28 16:46:33 EST 1995

In article <48gp4m$29f at hermes.oanet.com>, tigger at oanet.com (tigger) wrote:

>My wife is a high level quad (C5-C7) and we are interested in hearing
from anyone who has experienced a lot od spasticity. Also from anyone who
has had experience with a Baclofen pump inserted into the stomach wall.
Any info would be a great help.

I am a c5/c6 quad and have used baclofen orally for years; my spasms are
frequent but not so bad that i need a pump, more like annoying.  I know
someone who has used a pump and it seemed to save him; he had horrible
spasms.  I do remember him having trouble with it cutting off for whatever
reason I cannot remember.  He otherwise was real happy.  Warning you
should make sure you find a doc w/lots of experience, he did.  If you
really need a ref let me know and i will try to track him down.

crista

--

Crista Adamson
Physiology and Neurobiology