Area postrema lesion

Koon Hon Wai bc380376 at hkpucc.polyu.edu.hk
Tue Nov 28 07:58:13 EST 1995

I am going to do a lesion experiment on area postrema of rat brain.
The DC current I use is 20mA, 400V for 10 seconds.
But I am not sure if I will see the lesion site after 2 to 3 weeks.
The lesion site should be a spot of black color if the brain is dissected immediately.
What can I do to label the lesion site which can be seen with naked eye.
The lesion label must not affect the living rat during the 2 to 3 weeks period.
I killed the rat and take brain out only after the 2 to 3 weeks of survival time.

If you can help me. Please send me a email. Thanks! :)

Email reply bc380376 at hkpucc.polyu.edu.hk