Information needed on neural behavior

Denis Cousineau cousined at ere.umontreal.ca
Wed Nov 29 22:06:30 EST 1995

I am questionning the nature of neural network.
The main assumption about these computer simulation is that each and every
neural cells are competing against each other.

However, I doubt this assumption: How can thinking be organized if
neurones just want to be the best of the bunch.

My point is that those units must cooperate.
I would like to know if any of you ever heard of such a thing:
Neurones cooperating, i.e. taking time to respond just to be sure the
neuron next to it didn't have a better response.

If you have any reference to suggest to me, it would be very helpful in
my search

Denis Cousineau                          «Aie le courage de te
Cognitive sciences                        servir de ton entendement.»
                                                   -Kant.
Cousined at PSY.UMontreal.CA