latest from parkinsons syndrome

Alan J. Robinson robin073 at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Tue Oct 3 13:56:47 EST 1995

On 1 Oct 1995 21:16:10 -0400,
Mark Odegard  <mlomark at nyc.pipeline.com > wrote:

>Perhaps this question is off the wall. As is understand it, it is
>*impossible* for Parkinson's disease and Tourette Syndrome to coexist (both
>are related to dopamine uptake, but may be thought of as the converse of
>each other). But then, I've never received a definitive answer, and perhaps
>I'm dead wrong.

Mark:

I don't know whether there are any epidemiological figures for
comorbidity of PD and TS, but as you say it certainly seems likely
that the diseases are pretty much the opposite from the dopamine
viewpoint.  The opposition isn't exact, but I'm not sure how much
detail you are interested in.  Perhaps if I knew the motivation for
your question I could give a better answer.

AJR