Trigeminal Neuralgia (tic douloureux) HELP

JLCCJC jlccjc at aol.com
Wed Oct 4 17:34:40 EST 1995

My husband was just diagnosed with trigeminal neuralgia and was wondering
if anyone out there has any experience with this.  We know so little right
now.  We got infor on the Trigeminal Neuralgia Association (TNA), other
than that, we have no understanding of this, what to expect, if he should
get a second opinion, etc.   His family practionar diagnosed my husband
from his symptoms.  I think he should see a neurologist, but my husband
sees no point.  He started taking Tegretol twice a day starting yesterday.
 Does it take a while for this to start working?

Any information anyone may have on this would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

CjanelC