temporal memory

Stephan Anagnostaras stephan at psych.ucla.edu
Sun Oct 8 02:42:42 EST 1995

Most of the attached message and line doesn't make any sense. Some of it has
no basis in any kind of literature and I've been reading memory literature
for years; the most striking is this hypocalamus thing:

In article <456f9h$6ho at ping1.ping.be>, Stephan.Verbeeck at ping1.ping.be
(Stephan Verbeeck) wrote:

> On Thu, 5 Oct 1995 "John E. Anderson" <jander at unf6.cis.unf.edu> wrote:
> > (After I wrote)
>
> >> The hypocalamus is
> >> doing this.   The amount of pulses put out by the hypocalamus is more or
> >> less constant over short periods so that the amount of strings that can
> >> be "kept alive" is also more or less constant.
>
> >What is the "hypocalamus", the hypothalamus?
>
> More or less.  You will not find it as a separate organ mentioned in books.
> That is because it is rather an information processing system then an
organ.  It
> contains the major part of the hippocampus (which is the actual pulse-source)
> including the cingulate gyris.  So in fact if you say hypothalamus you are
> looking at the right place.  But the system also contains all out-going nerves

This does make any sense at all. Since the hippocampus and cingulate
aren't in the same place as the hypothalamus my guess is that you don't
have any clue what you're talking about (nor for that matter is
the hypothalamus a memory structure). The reason you won't find
the hypocalamus in books is because it doesn't exist in the literature.
  The rest of the message also seems ot read like nonsense, so what is
your story?