please help diagnose

cts at pi.net cts at pi.net
Wed Oct 11 22:14:57 EST 1995

In 1987 I suffered a severe (viral) meningitis. Since that time I have various
neurological complaints, such as: paresthesias, diplopia, sharp pain down my
spine, numd hands and feet, excess stomach acid + ulcers, tiredness and,
lately, a right arm that is paralyzed from time to time. MS was excluded.
After a long search I personally think this disease could possibly be
arachnoiditis. Unfortunately I cannot seem to find a neurologist who is willing
to confirm this diagnosis. In Holland, doctors don't appreciate patients who
come up with a diagnosis themselves. I find it very difficult to live with a
disabling disorder without a name. Is there anybody that is willing to help me?
Thanks, cts at pi,net