electromagnetic waves generated by the brain

Lester Ingber ingber at alumni.caltech.edu
Fri Oct 13 15:35:16 EST 1995

In article <45h59d$96f at elaine23.stanford.edu>,
Bharadwaj S Amrutur <amrutur at leland.Stanford.EDU> wrote:
:I would appreciate any info/pointers/websites to publications
:/research reports/projects etc. on the study of electromagnetic
:fields generated by brain.
:
:Some questions i am interested in finding answers for are
:. what is the strength (amplitude) and frequency of the fields
:. what measurement techniques have people been using to study them
:. Is there any correlation of the field patterns to any cognitive
:  processes/ailments ?
:. what  are the effects of EM fields of various strengths and frequencies
:  on the brain function
:
:any illumination on the above topics will be welcome.
:
:thanks
:-bharadwaj

I can recommend a couple of books by an associate who is a physicist
as well as an expert in EEG acquisition.
	%A P.L. Nunez
	%T Electric Fields of the Brain: The Neurophysics of EEG
	%I Oxford University Press
	%C London
	%D 1981

	%A P.L. Nunez
	%T Neocortical Dynamics and Human EEG Rhythms
	%I Oxford University Press
	%C New York, NY
	%D 1995
The preface to the recent book can be obtained from
        ftp.alumni.caltech.edu:/pub/ingber/MISC.DIR/nunez95_preface.txt

Lester
--
/*             RESEARCH                         ingber at alumni.caltech.edu *
 *       INGBER                        ftp.alumni.caltech.edu:/pub/ingber *