STROKE AND WHEATHER CONDITIONS- STATISTICS? PATTERNS? NEED HELP

backon at vms.huji.ac.il backon at vms.huji.ac.il
Tue Oct 17 16:31:44 EST 1995

In article <45hffg$uni at un1.satlink.com>, rumi at satlink.com (Jacobo Rudminsky) writes:
> HI; I'M A NEUROLOGIST AND NEED INFORMATION ABOUT STROKE AND WEATHER
> CONDITIONS  LIKE TEMPERATURE- ATMOSFERIC PRESSURE- ETC
>
> PLEASE SEND REPLY TO
>
> DR JACOBO RUDMINSKY
> E-MAIL:   RUMI at SATLINK.COM

Check the following texts:

Tromp SW. Biometeorology. Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1963
Tromp SW. Biometeorology. Heyden, London, 1980
Sulman FG. The effect of air ionization, electric fields, atmospherics
           and other electric phenomena on man and animal. Charles C. Thomas,
           Springfield, 1980.

There is some indication of neurological disturbance in weather-sensitive
patients. These disturbances include: insomnia, anxiety, weakness, headache,
migraine, epilepsy, and phantom pain. The mechanism may be the high levels
of serotonin. However, I haven't seen any connection with stroke.

Josh
backon at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL