HEK 293 transfection ?

Mati Reeben reeben at operoni.helsinki.fi
Wed Oct 18 14:50:43 EST 1995

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask a question about transfection of HEK 293 cells ? I know
probably most of the people are using  some modification of Chen and Okayama
calcium phosphate method. But we decided to electroporate. So far the best
result has been 13% efficiency. Has anybody achieved better results and with
what parameters of poration ?

And one more question. The cells are detaching from the glass rather easily
(we would like to measure electrophysiology after transfection). We used
polyethyleneimine to coat the glasses, but had some problems. Could somebody
tell whether polyethyleneimine has been used for coating the glass for HEK 293
cells ?

Thank you in advance.

With best regards,

Mati Reeben